Lufthansa Technik Intercoat
High-performance materials for parts repair.
Founded on 1 January 2001, Lufthansa Technik Intercoat GmbH is a joint venture between Lufthansa Technik AG (51 percent) and Intercon Holding GmbH (49 percent). The company is specialized in the repair of worn, corroded, eroded or degraded components using the “Advanced Epoxy Coating Process” by applying the Interfill® repair material. In this way parts which would previously had to be scrapped and replaced can be repaired and returned to service.
What is the Interfill® material?
The key component of the “Advanced Epoxy Coating
Process” is the material Interfill®, which is an airworthiness
approved material, whereby the mechanical
properties are namely based on an Epoxy Resin and
are just slightly influenced by the natural characteristics
of the individual dry lubricant fillers.
The main criteria for the “Advanced Epoxy Coating
Process” is a good wear characteristic, smooth surface
quality and good performance against foreign object
The Interfill® material is manufactured by Lufthansa
Technik Intercoat, tested and certified by an approved
laboratory to ensure product integrity and reliability.
The main properties of Interfill® are:
- Resistance to fuels, lubricants, solvents, hydraulic fluids, paint strippers, degreasers, etc.
- Self lubricating behavior and excellent dry run characteristics
- Usability in a temperature range of -65° C (-85° F) to +230° C (+446° F)
In most applications the Interfill® repaired surface has
better wear characteristics than the original surface.
This results in an improved performance of the complete
assembly or system.
Your benefits are:
- Salvaging of parts, which normally have to be scrapped, because the conventional repair methods cannot be applied or are too expensive
- Moderate repair cost
- Short Turn Around Times
- Life extension of components, which results in the reduction of maintenance cost
- Improved performance of the repaired component
- Almost unlimited repair repeatability
- Excellent surface finish
The "Advanced Epoxy Coating Process" is used on
aircrafts, helicopters, their engines, marine and high
performance industrial equipment, which must meet
exact criteria of operation, reliability and safety. If conventional
repair methods fail and parts normally have
to be scrapped, the enormous potential of Interfill®
should be considered as a powerful tool to salvage
your component. Our Epoxy compound Interfill®
is applied as a paste, then hardened to develop its
special characteristics. The base material properties
remain unaffected, even after repeated applications.
Typical applications of the “Advanced Epoxy Coating
Process” Interfill® are as follows:
- Engine & APU related accessories (fuel-, oil- & pneumatic systems, etc.)
- Airframe hydraulics & pneumatics (specially landing gear accessories)
- Restoration of areas affected by corrosion, cavitation and erosion
The "Advanced Epoxy Coating Process" has
been granted as a Limited Specialized
Service certified by the FAA and EASA
It has been chosen by many major airlines,
overhaul facilities and OEM’s worldwide to
solve their maintenance problems.
Erosion and Wear Damage
Main Fuel Gear Pump Housing
Main Fuel Gear Pump Housing CF6-80C2